What Should I do before my lash extension appointment?
- Remove all eye makeup and clean your lashes with mild, oil-free cleanser, if this can't be done I will have a cleanser at the studio for you to use
- please don't use oil based makeup removers to clean your lashes prior to the application.
- please don't put on any mascara the day of your appointment; if so all mascara will need to be removed before the service
- plan to set aside 2 to 3 hours for your full set appointment and one and a half hours for all fill appointments.
What are Eyelash Extensions? eyelash extensions are individual synthetic lashes. they are attached to your eyelashes individually. it is very time consuming, tedious service that requires skill and precision. once they are properly applied, they are virtually undetected. even at a very close distance they are extremely natural looking.
Will your natural lashes get harmed or damaged? The biggest myth is that lash extensions ruin your own lashes. They do not. If applied correctly and properly, they are safe and do not ruin the health of your natural lashes. Be sure not to rub your eyes or tug or pull on the extensions because this can cause lash loss and even damage to your natural lashes. If lashes are applied properly and to each individual lash, they won’t fall out.
how long do they last? Since each lash extension is attached to a single eyelash, they will fall out naturally along with the natural growth cycle of each lash. I recommend a fill every 2-2 1/2 weeks for classic and 3 for volume.
WILL THE EYELASH EXTENSION HURT? No, not at all! Neither the eyelash extension nor the adhesive ever touch your skin.
CAN I WEAR MASCARA WITH MY EXTENSIONS? one of the benefits of extensions is that your lashes will loos so long beautiful, and dark you won't need to use mascara anymore! however, if you still want to wear mascara, you can, but constant wear can affect the lifespan of your extensions and can be shortened. try to only apply to the tips of the lashes and spot treat areas you would like to either tweak or make more dramatic. do not use waterproof, it can dissolve the bonds of the extension.
what is the difference between classic and volume lash extensions?
Classic vs Volume
Classic lash extensions the finish can only be as full as your natural lashes. The application is one lash extension onto one of you natural lashes.
Volume lash extensions I am able to customize the look for someone who may have thinner "more sparse" lashes or someone who has lots of natural lashes for a dramatic look. The application is a little bouquet of fine lashes on one natural eyelash.
- Do not wash eyes, swim, shower for 12-24 hours to allow adequate bonding time for the lashes
- Do not use a mechanical eyelash curler
- Avoid oil based cosmetic products around the eye. This will dissolve the adhesive
Be gentle to your lashes; do not pull on the extensions or rub the eyes excessively.